- About Us
- All Members
- Bentley University
- Boston College
- Boston University
- Brandeis University
- Marine Biological Laboratory and Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
- Northeastern University
- State Library of Massachusetts
- Tufts University
- University of Connecticut
- University of Massachusetts Amherst
- University of Massachusetts Boston
- University of Massachusetts Dartmouth
- University of Massachusetts Lowell
- University of Massachusetts Medical School
- University of New Hampshire
- University of Rhode Island
- Wellesley College
- Wesleyan University
- Williams College
- Internet Archive
- All Members
- For Librarians and Library Staff
- Professional Development
- For Students, Scholars, & Researchers
- Heads of Resource Management
- Heads of Resource Sharing
- Associate University Librarians
- Access Services
- Alma/Primo Collaboration Working Group
- Archives and Special Collections
- Continuing Resources and Metadata Management
- Controlled Digital Lending Working Group
- e-Book Working Group
- Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
- Government Documents
- Health Sciences
- Open Education Resources
- Resource Sharing
- Science and Engineering
- Past BLC Communities
Science and Engineering
In 2020, the BLC Board of Directors endorsed the merging of the Chemistry and Engineering Communities of Interest to form the Science and Engineering COI.
The Science and Engineering COI provides a forum for librarians to discuss issues related to their work in science and engineering disciplines and to implement best practices. Members of the COI focus on services and collections related to science and engineering, and may do so from the viewpoint of collections, resource management, research and instruction support, or any other area deemed appropriate by the membership.
The Science and Engineering COI will continue the maintenance of the BLC Collaborative Archiving of Science Abstracts and Indexes Memorandum of Understanding (March 1, 2019 - December 31, 2034) and its associated Addendum for the collaborative management of the print format of archival science indexes and abstracts, previously led by the Chemistry COI.
The Chemistry COI and Engineering COI collaborated to host Science Librarianship in the Time of COVID-19: A Virtual Half-Day Conference in 2020.
Membership is open to any librarian with an interest in science and engineering. The Science and Engineering COI also anticipates outreach into the wider New England Science and Engineering Librarianship community to cultivate new relationships and collaborative opportunities.
The Science and Engineering COI meets twice per year, and coordinates at least one event with professional development and/or social utility.