- About Us
- All Members
- Bentley University
- Boston College
- Boston University
- Brandeis University
- Marine Biological Laboratory and Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
- Northeastern University
- State Library of Massachusetts
- Tufts University
- University of Connecticut
- University of Massachusetts Amherst
- University of Massachusetts Boston
- University of Massachusetts Dartmouth
- University of Massachusetts Lowell
- University of Massachusetts Medical School
- University of New Hampshire
- University of Rhode Island
- Wellesley College
- Wesleyan University
- Williams College
- Internet Archive
- All Members
- For Librarians and Library Staff
- Professional Development
- For Students, Scholars, & Researchers
- Heads of Resource Management
- Associate University Librarians
- Access Services
- Alma/Primo Collaboration Working Group
- Archives and Special Collections
- Continuing Resources and Metadata Management
- Controlled Digital Lending Working Group
- e-Book Working Group
- Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
- Government Documents
- Health Sciences
- Open Education Resources
- Resource Sharing
- Science and Engineering
- Past BLC Communities
EDI: Education & Awareness
The Boston Library Consortium's Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Community of Interest (EDI COI) has established the Education & Awareness Group, a forum in which people from across the BLC member libraries come together to share resources and actively engage with EDI conversations and work.
So far what that looks like is essentially a "book club" with various types of materials. We choose a resource (book, tedtalk, webinar, article, EDI assessment tool, youtube video, training, etc.) and engage in dialogue about the material.
The Education & Awareness group meetings currently consist of 3 parts, agenda items (about 30 min), resource discussion in small groups (about 50min), & take-aways with large group (10 min) . The resource discussion section of the meeting takes place in small groups in breakout rooms in order to dive deeper into conversations.
The group is currently working through The Racial Healing Handbook by Anneliese A. Singh, one chapter at a time. The book contains 10 chapters.
All, regardless of background and experience, are welcome to join the meeting and group!
The Education & Awareness Group meets via Zoom every second and fourth Monday from 1:30-3:00 PM EST.