- About Us
- All Members
- Bentley University
- Boston College
- Boston University
- Brandeis University
- Marine Biological Laboratory and Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
- Northeastern University
- State Library of Massachusetts
- Tufts University
- University of Connecticut
- University of Massachusetts Amherst
- University of Massachusetts Boston
- University of Massachusetts Dartmouth
- University of Massachusetts Lowell
- University of Massachusetts Medical School
- University of New Hampshire
- University of Rhode Island
- Wellesley College
- Williams College
- All Members
- Heads of Resource Management
- Associate University Librarians
- Access Services
- Alma/Primo Collaboration Working Group
- Continuing Resources and Metadata Management
- e-Book Working Group
- Government Documents
- Health Sciences
- Open Education Resources
- Resource Sharing
- Science Direct
- Special Collections
- Alma Resource Management System
April Expanding Knowledge Webinar: Library Instruction and Teaching
Wednesday, April 18, 2018 - 10:00am to 11:00am
The BLC held the April webinar of our Expanding Knowledge Webinar Series "Expanding Knowledge: Library Instruction and Teaching" with Dianne N. Brown, Social Science Research & Instruction Librarian at Tufts University and Lorraine Heffernan, Business & Economics Librarian at UMass Dartmouth, on Wednesday, April 18 from 10:00 to 11:00 AM.
The webinar presented an overview of current approaches to library instruction for library staff at all levels of involvement. Topics covered Information Literacy in theory and practice, the shift from the ACRL Standards to the ACRL Framework, differentiating teaching for various populations, using classes to promote other library services, and current pedagogies and tools.
Dianne N. Brown has worked at the Tisch Library at Tufts University for two years. Prior to working at Tufts, Dianne was a research & instruction librarian at Lesley University. Teaching is Dianne's favorite thing about being a librarian.
Lorraine Heffernan has worked as a business & economics librarian for seven years, and had been the library instruction liaison for freshman English classes for several years. She is a career changer who previously spent many years working in finance within the securities industry.
Please contact Executive Director Susan Stearns or Program Coordinator Jessica Hardin if you have any questions about future professional development events. A full recording of the webinar and the presenter's slides are archived in the "Member Events" section of the BLC website.