- About Us
- All Members
- Bentley University
- Boston College
- Boston University
- Brandeis University
- Marine Biological Laboratory and Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
- Northeastern University
- State Library of Massachusetts
- Tufts University
- University of Connecticut
- University of Massachusetts Amherst
- University of Massachusetts Boston
- University of Massachusetts Dartmouth
- University of Massachusetts Lowell
- University of Massachusetts Medical School
- University of New Hampshire
- University of Rhode Island
- Wellesley College
- Wesleyan University
- Williams College
- All Members
- Heads of Resource Management
- Associate University Librarians
- Access Services
- Alma/Primo Collaboration Working Group
- Continuing Resources and Metadata Management
- e-Book Working Group
- Government Documents
- Health Sciences
- Open Education Resources
- Resource Sharing
- Science Direct
- Special Collections
Expanding Knowledge Webinar: Introduction to Scholarly Communication
Monday, December 4, 2017 - 10:30am to 11:30am
The BLC held the third webinar in our Expanding Knowledge Webinar Series, "Introduction to Scholarly Communication" with Erin Jerome, UMass Amherst's Open Access and Institutional Repository Librarian and John Furfey, the Senior Automation Services Officer at MBLWHOI on Monday, December 4th, from 10:30-11:30AM.
In the webinar, Erin Jerome presented a broad introduction to scholarly communication to the non-practitioner and John Furfey provided insight into its relevance and application at MBL/WHOI, including some recent advances in scholarly communications technology.
Erin Jerome manages ScholarWorks, the UMass Amherst's institutional repository. She is also responsible for managing the Libraries’ Open Access Fund and for supporting the implementation of the faculty Open Access Policy.
John Furfey provides support for citation and bibliographic management and operates the systems tracking the research output of the Woods Hole scientific community. John is also the Library liaison to the MBL Bay Paul Center.
You can find a full recording of the webinar in the "Member Events" section of the website.