- About Us
- All Members
- Bentley University
- Boston College
- Boston University
- Brandeis University
- Marine Biological Laboratory and Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
- Northeastern University
- State Library of Massachusetts
- Tufts University
- University of Connecticut
- University of Massachusetts Amherst
- University of Massachusetts Boston
- University of Massachusetts Dartmouth
- University of Massachusetts Lowell
- University of Massachusetts Medical School
- University of New Hampshire
- University of Rhode Island
- Wellesley College
- Williams College
- All Members
- Heads of Resource Management
- Associate University Librarians
- Access Services
- Alma/Primo Collaboration Working Group
- Continuing Resources and Metadata Management
- e-Book Working Group
- Government Documents
- Health Sciences
- Open Education Resources
- Resource Sharing
- Science Direct
- Special Collections
- Alma Resource Management System
March Expanding Knowledge Webinar: Health Science Services and Resources
Friday, March 23, 2018 - 10:00am to 11:00am
The BLC was pleased to announce the March webinar of our Expanding Knowledge Webinar Series "Expanding Knowledge: Health Science Services and Resources" with Amanda Nevius, liaison to the Tufts University School of Dental Medicine at the Hirsh Health Sciences Library and Hilary Kraus, Associate Librarian for Nursing & Health at UMass Dartmouth, held on Friday, March 23, 2018 from 10:00-11:00AM.
This webinar presented an overview of research assistance on health sciences topics for librarians with all levels of experience. Topics included an introduction to health sciences users and their needs, as well as a range of free and subscription-based resources available in BLC member libraries to answer their questions. It also discussed how knowledge of the health sciences can assist librarians with their own work.
Amanda Nevius has worked in health sciences libraries for 10 years, with the majority of her time focused on research and instruction in academic libraries supporting graduate and postgraduate health sciences programs. She is the co-chair of the BLC's Health Sciences COI.
Hilary Kraus has worked as a science and health science librarian for over 15 years, primarily as liaison to nursing faculty and students. Prior to moving to New England, she served as liaison to the colleges of nursing at DePaul University and Loyola University in Chicago. She is the co-chair of the BLC's Health Sciences COI.
Please contact Susan Stearns or Jessica Hardin if you have any questions or suggestions for future Expanding Knowledge Webinars. A full recording of the webinar and the presentation slides are archived in the "Member Events" section of the BLC website.