- About Us
- All Members
- Bentley University
- Boston College
- Boston University
- Brandeis University
- Marine Biological Laboratory and Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
- Northeastern University
- State Library of Massachusetts
- Tufts University
- University of Connecticut
- University of Massachusetts Amherst
- University of Massachusetts Boston
- University of Massachusetts Dartmouth
- University of Massachusetts Lowell
- University of Massachusetts Medical School
- University of New Hampshire
- University of Rhode Island
- Wellesley College
- Wesleyan University
- Williams College
- All Members
- Heads of Resource Management
- Associate University Librarians
- Access Services
- Alma/Primo Collaboration Working Group
- Continuing Resources and Metadata Management
- e-Book Working Group
- Government Documents
- Health Sciences
- Open Education Resources
- Resource Sharing
- Science Direct
- Special Collections
November Expanding Knowledge Webinar: Introduction to Special Collections
Monday, November 13, 2017 - 10:00am to 11:00am
The BLC is pleased to announce the next webinar in our Expanding Knowledge Webinar Series "Introduction to Special Collections" with Ruth Rogers, Curator of Special Collections at Wellesley College and Giodana Mecagni, Head of Archives and Special Collections that took place at Northeastern University on Monday, November 13th, from 10:00-11:00AM.
This webinar presented a broad view of special collections to the non-practitioner and provide insight into their relevance and application to the work of library staff in general.
Ruth Rogers is the Curator of Special Collections in the Clapp Library at Wellesley College, where she teaches, acquires and administers a collection of over 40,000 items. Rogers specializes in the evolution of the book as material culture, visual communication and artistic form. Additionally, she lectures on the critical reading of artists' books and their research use in the academic curriculum.
Giordana Mecagni is Head of Special Collections and University Archivist at Northeastern. Prior to that she held various positions at Associated Grant Makers in Boston, the Schlesinger Library at Radcliffe/Harvard, and at Harvard Medical School’s Center for the History of Medicine. She holds a BA in Sociology and Women’s Studies from the University of New Hampshire, and an MLIS with an archives concentration from Simmons.
Please contact Executive Director Susan Stearns or Program Coordinator Jessica Hardin if you have any questions. A recording of the presentation is available in the "Member Events" section of the BLC website.