Comments on Copyright Office Mass Digitization Proposal
This post by Laura Quilter originally appeared on the UMass Amherst Copyright News & Opinion blog.
I submitted comments on behalf of the Boston Library Consortium today to the Copyright Office in its “Notice of Inquiry on Mass Digitization“, and the Copyright Office’s proposal of an Extended Collective Licensing regime.
Thanks to Terry Burton, Ryan Maloney, Charlotte Roh, and Jeremy Smith, for helpful editing; to Robert Cox and Christian Dupont for supplying project details; and to Susan Stearns for leading the charge for BLC to speak out on this important issue.
- Copyright Office, “Mass Digitization Policy Study"
- Association of Southeastern Research Libraries (ASERL)
- Library Copyright Alliance (LCA)
- Society of American Archivists (SAA)
- Kyle Courtney, “The Copyright Office and the Orphan Works Report: Top Three Problems”